Southeastern Community College is a great place for international students to study! Located in southeast Iowa, SCC hosts international students from over a dozen countries every year. Join us!
Why study at SCC?
Southeastern Community College offers a high quality, affordable college experience with a variety of courses and academic programs. There’s something for everyone.
Courses of Study
SCC offers a variety of options for international students to study
Students who need intensive English language instruction can start with our ESL courses (link to program page).
Those who are proficient in English may choose one of the many degree programs offered at SCC, including Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, or our Career & Technical certificates, diplomas, and degrees.
Student Success Resources
We want you to have a great experience at SCC. Take advantage of our academic support services so you can be successful at college.
- The Student Support Center provides services for placement testing, peer tutoring, and academic coaching.
- The Academic Achievement Center offers professional tutoring and software services to help you build your English, writing, and math skills.
Both of these services are free to students.
Live on campus in our new Blackhawk Tower.
It features 4-person suites with 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, a living room and a kitchenette.
Resident students can enjoy the building’s student common. It’s a great place to hang out with friends, play games, study and grab a snack.
We are also conveniently located near retail stores, restaurants, and entertainment. Get around town using the Burlington Urban Service .
Learn more about our beautiful community and see everything the Greater Burlington area.
Easy Steps to Enroll for International Students:
- Complete the SCC Online Application
- Complete the SCC Online Orientation
- Submit official high school transcript and an official transcript from any college attended (English Translation Required).
- SCC requires reading, English, and math placement assessment (Accuplacer, ALEKs and/or
ACT) and a writing sample (WritePlacer). Students who need to be assessed for English
language proficiency can take the Accuplacer ESL assessment.
If you have not completed placement testing, you may do so when you arrive at SCC. View our Testing Calendar.
Note: The TOEFL is not required for admission to SCC.
- After we receive your application, we’ll send you either an Affidavit of Support (to
be completed by a sponsor) or a Declaration of Finances (to be completed by you or
your parent, if under age 18).
Students who are under 18 must also submit a letter of endorsement from parent/guardian or high school representative.
- Submit a clear, scanned copy of your passport identification page and visa page to email@example.com.
SCC will send an official letter of acceptance along with the FORM I-20, which you will take to a U.S. Embassy to obtain F-1 or M-1 visa status.
Send admissions documents by mail to:
Southeastern Community College
1500 West Agency Road
West Burlington, IA 52655
Paying for College
See the chart below for an estimated breakdown of tuition and other costs of attendance at SCC:
|Tuition and fees*
(one semester at 12 credit hours)
|Books and Supplies||$1,000|
|Total (one semester)||$7,483|
* Tuition and fees are subject to change. The tuition cost is based on an estimated International Student cost of $209 per credit hour.
Once you have completed the enrollment process, you can pay your tuition and fees through your Hawknet (link) account or visit the Business Office.
Room and Board
International students are encouraged to live in student housing. Our campus housing is just steps from class and puts you right in the center of your college experience. Residence hall students also must purchase a meal plan for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the Blackhawk Café.
To learn more about our housing and meal plans or to apply, visit Student Housing.
Prior to attending SCC, all international students must submit:
- Affidavit of Support Form I-134
- Non-Immigrant Visa Application
- Note that international students who plan to live in the residence halls must pay the room deposit, room and board, and meal plan in-full before arrival at SCC. Tuition is due before the first day of class.
Marty Jacobs | Construction Management
I was the first person in my family to get a college degree. It meant a lot to me and my family. I just did what I enjoyed and took the classes that worked for me. That’s how I earned a degree in C...More ›
Schedule a Visit
Come see us!Wondering if SCC is right for you? Check out our campus and learn more about life at SCC.