We're glad you're interested in applying to SCC. Complete this checklist and you'll be a Blackhawk in no time!
- Complete the Application.
- Send us a transcript of your final high school or HSED (formerly known as GED) along with any other college you've attended.
- Apply for financial aid by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA helps determine your eligibility for Pell grants, SEOG, state grants, college work-study programs and student loans.
- Complete placement testing (ACCUPLACER/ALEKS) or provide ACT scores that have been taken within the last two years. Students must also complete a Writeplacer writing sample. Need to complete placement requirements? Click here to learn how.
- Complete the online orientation session before the start of your first semester.
Once you've gone through these steps, you'll be ready to register.
There are three ways you may choose to register. It is recommended that first-time students register in-person with one of our Enrollment Specialists.
- Online via your student Hawknet page (click here for log-in instructions)
- In person with an Enrollment Specialist
- Via e-mail with an Enrollment Specialist
Contact an Enrollment Specialist.
Greg Smith | Principal, Fort Madison High School
From the time I went to SCC in 1985 to my job as principal, I knew that SCC was a vital part of our community.
SCC made a huge impact in my life back then and now it makes a huge impact in the...More ›
Schedule a Visit
Come see us!Wondering if SCC is right for you? Check out our campus and learn more about life at SCC.
Want to know more about our programs or transfer options? Ask us. Or give us a call at (319) 208-5000.