Before I Can Register

Students should complete the following steps to enroll at SCC.



You're almost there!

To finalize your application, the Enrollment Services Office will need:

1. All your official transcript(s) from your high school or HSED (formerly known as GED) and any college(s) you've attended. Click here for more information.

2. Placement scores that have been taken within the last two years. Do you need to test? View our Testing calendar here.

3. Completion of the online orientation.

Once you've completed these steps, you will be able to register for classes. Note that most first-time students need to register in person with an Enrollment Specialist to make sure you're on the right track.

Already a student?

Log into Hawknet and register now.

Save on your education

Check out our Financial Aid section to learn more about the financial aid process and which payment options are best for you.

Live on campus!

Explore our residence halls and learn more about Blackhawk student life.

Official Transcripts

Did you take classes at another college or university?  If so, contact the school and ask that your official transcript be sent to our Registrar's Office. Once we receive your official transcript, we will evaluate. Credit will be granted for courses taken at other regionally accredited institutions in which you have earned a grade of "C" (2.00 on a 4.00 point scale) or better.  Credit will also be awarded for courses in which a grade of "D" has been earned, providing your overall grade point average from the transferring institution is 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or better.  Career education credit from other regionally accredited schools may be applicable to the SCC Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees.

Not sure what all this means?  Contact Enrollment Services at 866-722-4692-ext 5010 for West Burlington, or ext. 1923 for Keokuk.  We may be able to answer your question over the phone, or can set up an appointment for you to meet with the Registrar.

Refund/Last Day to Drop
Need to drop a class? Want to know if you can get a refund? Check out the current Refund/Drop Schedule.

Student Consent/Parental Access Forms
Once you become a student at SCC, federal regulations prevent the college from releasing information to third parties. If you are a student and would like to grant a third party access (parents or family) to your records, you must complete a Student Consent form.

If you are the parent of a dependent student, you need to complete a Parental Access form to gain access to the student record. If you have questions regarding these regulations, contact the Registrar Office.