Need Help?

Current Student FAQs

When do I register?
As a current SCC student, you may register for classes by making an appointment with an Enrollment Specialist. Or, you may register for classes using web-advisor. Watch for signs around campus, notices in the campus newspaper, and check your SCC email for registration dates and times.

How do I register for classes online? To learn how to use HawkNet to register for classes, click here.

I am locked out of WebAdvisor, how do I get access again?
Contact the help desk at (319) 208-5087 or toll free at (866) 722-4692 ext. 5087.

How can I get a tutor?
SuCCess Centers are located at both the West Burlington (room 513) and Keokuk (room 502) campuses. Fundamental and college level classes are offered for credit to brush up or build foundational skills in areas of math, reading and English. Students may seek course tutors for a variety of classes. To be eligible for this FREE services, students must first request help from their instructor and must be attending class consistently. Call (319) 208-5155 (West Burlington campus) or (319) 313-1970 (Keokuk campus) for more information. Access the Success Center

How may I get involved with Student Activities?
Call (319) 208-5123 (West Burlington campus) or (319) 313-1926 (Keokuk campus) for a listing of campus clubs and organizations. Check out Student Life now.

When will I get my grades?
Neither midterm nor final grade reports will be mailed, nor will the grades be given over the phone. Students can access all midterm and final grades through WebAdvisor. Questions regarding specific grades should be directed to the instructor.

I believe I am close to completing my requirements, now what? In the semester prior to when you believe you will finish your requirements, stop by the Registrar's office in Enrollment Services and complete a Request to Graduate form.

How do I send my transcripts to another college?
A student's academic record is considered a confidential document and, therefore, will only be released upon written request of the student with the following exception. This form must be signed in person at one of SCC's Enrollment Services offices.

Note: transcripts are not released for students who have an outstanding financial obligation with the college.

Requests will be honored as quickly as possible, in order of receipt. However, during peak periods (i.e., registration, end of a term) there will be some delay. Therefore, transcripts should be requested well in advance of these periods. Transcripts from high school, other colleges, or universities, which have been sent to SCC for student files cannot be copied. Additional copies must be obtained directly from the sending schools.

To request a transcript, visit our Transcript Ordering Center or find the link at the bottom of every page. Be sure to read instructions before proceeding to ensure delivery.

Will my classes Transfer?
The transferability of credit earned in any course at the college is determined by the college to which the student is transferring. Since SCC is a regionally accredited school, transfer-level coursework is readily accepted by other institutions. However, students need to be aware that vocational and developmental classes will generally not transfer. For clarification, contact the Enrollment Services office.

Many colleges and universities accept the AA degree as meeting all or most of their general education requirements. Students should check with their transfer institution regarding acceptance of the AA degree.

See how SCC classes transfer to other institutions.

Still can't find an answer? Contact our Welcome Center receptionist at (319) 752-2731, ext 0.

Blackhawk Profile

Nora Meirotto

Nora Meirotto | Associate of Arts Transfer

After one semester at SCC, I loved it. It had the perfect ratio of students to teachers. They spend time getting to know you as a person.

Learn More ›

Schedule a Visit

Visit us

Come see us!

Wondering if SCC is right for you? Check out our campus and learn more about life at SCC.
Schedule a Visit ›

Request Information

request info

Got questions?

Want to know more about our programs or transfer options? Ask us. Or give us a call at (319) 208-5000.

Get Information ›